Tunisia Payroll Outsourcing Alert
Tunisia – Exceptional Measures in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Mercans, a leading Tunisia payroll outsourcing, PEO/GEO, employee leasing, recruitment and BPO services provider, has published Tunisia payroll outsourcing alert. Subscribe to Mercans’ Tunisia payroll outsourcing alerts to ensure that you are always up-to-date with the lasted regulatory changes in Tunisia labor and payroll compliance requirements.
Exceptional measures to address the economic impact of COVID-19 pandemic have been announced by the Tunisian government in the Official Gazette (JORT) n° 32 dated 14 April 2020.
The measures include the following exceptions and temporary suspension of certain provisions of the Labor Code:
- Employers may grant annual leave to all or some of the employees for the past year or the current year without the consent of the employees;
- A fortuitous event or force majeure is not considered a justifiable cause for the termination of a fixed-term or indefinite contract;
- Dismissal of an employee for an economic reasons caused by force majeure requires prior approval from the Regional Commission or the Central Dismissal Control Commission. Without a prior approval, the dismissal will be considered an unfair termination;
- The short hours resulting from a full or partial work stoppage, can be recovered within 6 months from such stoppage;
- The above provisions are valid until the end of the state of medical emergency.
The Tunisian government has also introduced an additional one-time deduction, equivalent the employees’ one day gross salary calculated based April 2020 gross income.
The employees and pensioners whose annual net income does not exceed 5,000 Tunisian dinars, as well as employees of private companies affected by the total COVID-19 containment measures are exempted from this supplemental deduction. A company is considered to be impacted by COVID-19, if it had to partially or fully suspend its activities, provided that the company is registered with the CNSS and had not received an exceptional authorization to continue work.
Mercans’ Tunisia Payroll Outsourcing Solutions
While Mercans’ Tunisia Payroll Outsourcing alerts will allow you to stay on top the latest development in Tunisia’s payroll regulations, you should still get in touch with Mercans’ Tunisia payroll outsourcing, compliance, PEO/GEO and BPO specialists for a free consultation on setting up fully compliant payroll and HR functions. Better yet, outsource your payroll and HR activities in Tunisia to Mercans and our Tunisia payroll outsourcing experts will ensure that your employees will always be paid on time and in accordance with the Tunisia regulations.
View PDFMercans Tunisia Payroll Outsourcing Alert