Costa Rica Payroll Outsourcing Alert
The government of CostaRica has announced revised personal income tax brackets in the Official Gazette of Costa Rica. The below income tax rates and brackets will come into effect on 1 January 2022:
- Monthly salaries up to ¢863.000,00 are exempt from the personal income tax.
- Monthly salaries falling between ¢863.000 and ¢1.267.000,00 are subject to personal income tax at a rate of 10%.
- Monthly salaries falling between ¢1.267.000,00 and ¢2.223.000,00 are subject to personal income tax at a rate of 15%.
- Monthly salaries falling between ¢2.223.000,00 and ¢4.445.000,00 are subject to personal income tax at a rate of 20%.
- Monthly salary exceeding ¢4.445.000,00 are subject to 25% personal income tax rate.
Taxpayers are allowed to claim a monthly tax credit of ¢ 1,610.00 per eligible child and an additional tax credit of ¢ 2,430.00 for their spouse.
Only minor children or children who are unable to work, or are university students under 25 years of age are considered eligible dependents.
Mercans’ Costa Rica Payroll Outsourcing Solutions
While Mercans’ Costa Rica Payroll Outsourcing alerts will allow you to stay on top the latest development in Costa Rica’s payroll regulations, you should still get in touch with Mercans’ Costa Rica payroll outsourcing, compliance, PEO/GEO and BPO specialists for a free consultation on setting up fully compliant payroll and HR functions. Better yet, outsource your payroll and HR activities in Costa Rica to Mercans and our Costa Rica payroll outsourcing experts will ensure that your employees will always be paid on time and in accordance with the Costa Rica regulations.
Download PDFMercans Statutory Alert Costa Rica Tax Bracket Update