Tunisia – Financial Stimulus Actions in Response to the COVID-19 Outbreak
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Tunisian government has introduced the following financial incentives to its citizens:
- Setting up a line of credit in the amount TND 300 million for employees placed on unemployment
- Creating a special reserve of TND 150 million for granting of special allowances to disadvantaged classes of the population
- Establishing a 6-month moratorium on the repayment of bank loans for individuals with a monthly income less than TND 1,000 for 6 months.
The following additional incentives have been granted to private sector companies:
- Deferral of tax payments for 3 months starting from 1 April 2020
- Deferral of 2020 tax year second quarter social security contributions (CNSS) by 3 months
- Establish a 6-month moratorium on the repayment of bank loans for private sector companies
- Restructuring of tax and custom duties related debts with up to 7-year payment schedule
- Extension of government guarantees of up to TND 500 million to allow companies to restructure their loans
- Expedited processing of VAT refunds in less than 1 month.
Download PDF: Financial Stimulus Incentives in Tunisia