Global Payroll Outsourcing Leader Issues an Alert
UAE announces changes to the Wage Protection System (WPS)
The UAE government has announced, that the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE) systems are now linked with the systems of the Identity, Immigration and Passports Authority. This will allow employers to exclude the following categories of employees from the Wage Protection System (WPS) compliance requirements:
- Employees stationed outside the UAE;
- Employees who have been reported absconding by their employers by filing “Escape Reports”;
- Employees who have filed a lawsuit against their employer in the Labour Court.
In addition, the MOHRE has provided the following additional guidelines with respect to the general WPS compliance:
- At least 70% of all salaries must be paid through.
- A new employee must be added to the WPS process within 60 calendar days from the execution of their employment agreement.
- No more than 10% of an employee’s salary can be deducted for any reason.
All salaries must be paid through WPS by the 15th calendar day of the following month. The employer’s MOHRE account will be blocked if salaries are not processed on time. The MOHRE account will be unblocked automatically if salaries are paid before the last calendar day of the month. In the event the employer fails to pay employees’ salaries before the end of the following month they were due, an administrative penalty will be imposed on the company for the late payment of wages.
MOHRE has created two alternatives for employers to unblock their services due to late salary payments:
- Employer pays all salaries due in full, pays a penalty for any salaries below the accepted threshold rate of 70% and requests a “paid-fee assessment visit”. OR
- Employer pays all salaries due in full and process three sequential payrolls through WPS on time.
In case an employer is late with its salary payments three or more times during a calendar year, the company owner or their representative is required to attend a guidance session at MOHRE.
We are your trusted HR function outsourcing partner, simplifying employment tasks worldwide. We deliver bespoke human capital management services and global payroll solutions to empower businesses across all continents. A borderless people engagement enabler, driven by technology and innovation and committed to make your teams happy, we ensure your consistent and sustainable growth.
Mercans operate globally, ensuring timely and measurable results, and bottom-line savings. Supported by 500+ payroll and HR specialists with in-depth local knowledge, our pioneering human resources consulting services and trailblazing SaaS payroll software, HR Blizz™ & Mesaar™, are already satisfying 5,000+ international clients, regardless of the size of their organization and their industry. Visit mercans.com
SIMPLIFYING EMPLOYMENT TASKS WORLDWIDE
Local Presence. Regional Strategy. Global Success.
We are a borderless people engagement enabler, committed to make your teams happy. Driven by technology and innovation, we pride ourselves in being global people experts with striking local presence. We deliver bespoke human capital management services and innovative global payroll solutions to empower international businesses.
We are your reliable HR function outsourcing partner, delivering innovative HCM solutions, along with cutting-edge human capital management advice, to ensure consistent business growth, regardless of the size and industry of your company. We develop SaaS software and outsource HCM solutions tailored to 5,000+ clients across all continents.
Mercans operate globally, ensuring timely measurable results and bottom-line savings. We employ 500+ payroll and human resources specialists with in-depth local knowledge. Thanks to success-oriented teams striving for excellence and taking care of your organization’s tasks within budget, we have gained the trust of major multinational companies.
Mercans Services at a Glance
- Global Payroll Solutions
- PEO/GEO Services
- Global Talent Acquisition
- BPO Services
- HR Management SaaS
- Local Statutory Compliance
Say goodbye to offshore call centers, legacy systems, fragmented data, and ENDLESS SLAs.
Mercans cloud-based SaaS products, HRBlizz™ and Mesaar™, combine the performance of proprietary technologies with a human touch. All your data are integrated into single platforms accessible from everywhere and on any device. Interact with local specialists, and benefit from tax and legal advisory services, without creating branches abroad.
Our cost-effective software products are fully-compliant, self-service platforms packed with smart built-in features for your peace of mind. They are compatible with SuccessFactors™, Workday™, Oracle HCM™ and MS Dynamics™.
- Fully-integrated HRM processes and data
- Centralized and automated global workflows management
- Compliance with local regulations and regional business protocols
- Mainstreamed payroll delivery for timeliness and accuracy
- Real-time data updates and optimization for quick reporting
Visit mercans.com now and contact us for a free consultation: +1-877-MERCANS.
Additional information about HRBlizzTM is available at https://mercans.com/products/mercans-products-what-is-hrblizz/.