System / Solution Architect
A System Architect provides architecture leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements The solution architect creates innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of Mercans’ technology environment. For that, he/she works closely and continuously with the client to focus on meeting client requirements He/she is key in identifying, defining and implementing reusable assets and standards. The solution architect is also responsible for adherence to these standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and portfolios He/she ensures relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products. He/she also contributes to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities A solution architect can work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. He/she sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. He/she anticipates needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: operations team, development team, product team and client He/she has excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions. He/she recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to Mercans and can drive their adoption into our organization. He/she evangelizes and encourages importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc. He/she drives an ongoing communication plan to educate stakeholders on the purpose and benefits of solution architecture He/She guides others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in a solution or technical architect or Deputy CTO role for a Fintech / HCM /Global Payroll outsourcing / Financial / any other innovative software company.
- Experience with any claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Significant experience in presenting ideas, products, concept papers to varied audiences
- Experience supporting peer teams and their responsibilities; such as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
- As this is a role with global focus and responsibilities, you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone to partner with other IT staff globally.
- AI and Machine Learning tools
- Can lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards successful delivery of a project.
- Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential. Mentors junior members of the team and reviews their work acting as a best practice / quality resource
- Has an expert understanding of solution architecture.
- Can adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at Mercans while adhering to security and other Mercans standards
- Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or OpenStack)
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Data movement and transformation technologies
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.