Senior Payroll / BPO Consultant
Provides outsourced payroll services to the clients. Implements new accounts assigned to him/her and manages all aspects of the service delivery to these clients. Acts as the primary point-of-contact (POC) for assigned clients during the operational service delivery process.
Qualifications / Skills
- Analyzing Information, Thoroughness, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Reporting Skills
- Reporting Research Results, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
- Financial/Payroll Software, Excel Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Human Resources Administrations.
- Masters’ degree; e.g. MBA, M.Sc., etc.
- Minimum of 05 years of BPO or professional services experience with a global accounting or outsourcing services provider.
- At least 03 years of experience in the Costa Rica Payroll.
- At least 2 years of experience with the implementation of global payroll outsourcing projects.
Expectations for ideal candidate
- Manages/balances his/her own workload to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
- Makes recommendation to the management on ways to improve the efficiency and quality of the service delivery.
- Prepares periodic reports to the management with respect to any operational issues encountered and identifies issues that require management actions.
- Ensures that his/her clients are invoiced in accordance to the applicable service agreements and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all aspects of service delivery to the accounts assigned to him/her, including the accuracy and timeliness of the services delivery.
- Acts as the POC for assigned account for any operational or service delivery issues.
- Ensures that services are delivered to the clients in accordance with the Standard Services Definition and/or service contract.
- Ensures that assigned clients’ service delivery issues are addressed promptly, while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
- Constantly monitors his/her clients’ satisfaction rate through personal contact and annual client satisfaction surveys.
- Escalate any account management related issues to the appropriate a Company management team member.
- Participates on regular account management related meetings/conference calls with assigned Clients.
- Ensures that any issues that require input or support from other employees of the Company are communicated promptly and clearly to the relevant employees and follows up with the respective employees to ensure that the raised requests are addressed within an agreed-upon timeframe.
- Makes recommendations to the management for the improvement of clients’ retention rate and service delivery quality.
- Is responsible for implementing new accounts that have been assigned to her/him in accordance with the new account implementation guidelines.
- Makes sure that the new accounts are implemented within the provided implementation timeframe and in accordance with the implementation schedules agreed upon with the clients.
- Ensures that all service delivery issues and customization requirements are addressed during the implementation and that any errors or issues uncovered during the test payroll run(s) are investigated thoroughly and addressed properly.
- Documents all account implementation and/or payroll processing related processes in an account-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures that payrolls are processed and services are delivered accurately and in a timely manner for all clients assigned to him/her.
- Ensures that all statutory registrations and declaration (e.g. income tax and social security declarations, starters and leavers registration forms, etc.) are completed and submitted to the respective authorities on time.
- Monitors the compliance with the Company’s internal SOPs.
- Ensures compliance with the applicable payroll related statutory rules and regulations (i.e. income tax, social security, etc.) and labor law requirements by studying existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to their requirements.
- Familiarizes itself with the policies and procedures of the Company; e.g. Standard Scope Definition, Account Implementation Checklist, Statutory Regulations Summaries, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.