Senior Business Analyst
Mercans provides its client with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges. Mercans’ team provides a broad range of capabilities and offerings that support our client’s HR, Payroll and talent acquisition strategies, compensation and benefits design, global mobility issues, management of evolving workforces, changing role of HR in support of business strategy and the strategic deployment of talent.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for working directly with external customers and integrated services’ internal stakeholders, supporting HR Blizz and other systems’ design and implementation efforts. The Implementation team is composed of Product Managers, Project Managers, Java Developers, Systems Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts.
As a key member of our fast-growing Implementation team, you will have following responsibilities:
- Performing business analysis activities such as requirements analysis, business processes analysis and implementation, creation of functional requirements documents and user interface specifications, test plans and other documentation as required.
- Collaborating with External stakeholders and project team members to clarify, detail, prioritize and manage business requirements, to include participation in requirements elicitation workshops.
- Coordinating and leading review meetings throughout life of a project as necessary.
- Providing a single point of contact for business units into IT and act as a conduit between the two.
- Internal business processes’ mapping and business process reengineering.
- Analyzing business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be improved and automated.
- Facilitating process workshops, after which they document any information elicited using process maps and business requirements documents.
- Understanding HR Blizz and other systems’ development methodology and to help improving internal processes.
- Managing Process Change.
- Leading process redesign workshops.
- Educating business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitoring, measuring, and providing feedback on process performance.
- Facilitating process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users.
- Applying their knowledge of business process modelling notations (BPMN, EPC, BPEL) to documenting processes.
- Leading in identifying and understanding problems and opportunities.
- Articulating the key business problems and providing options for solutions.
- Continually monitoring effectiveness of established procedures and processes.
- May conduct internal and external presentations to demonstrate HR Blizz and other systems.
- Seeks innovative solutions to recurring problems and experiments with applications, recommending product modifications and enhancements.
- Understanding of technical language with an ability to translate technical conversations into a language that key business partners will understand.
- Ability to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
- Ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment with business and technical resources.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong facilitation skills for meetings/events with project team members to develop requirements and design details.
- Ability to partner closely with customers/users/product owners to gain requirement and feature approval.
- Decompose the roadmap into epics and write comprehensive user stories.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set.
- Willingness and ability to learn and document additional platforms as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years of Business Systems Analyst experience required, preferably as client-facing analyst responsible for full project cycle including requirement gathering/documentation through UAT and implementation.
- Experience in HCM or HRMS domain
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.