Global Human Resources Manager
Global HR Manager will design, plans, and implements international HR resource programs and policies, including staffing, compensations, benefits, visa processing, employee relations, training, and development programs. He/she will be responsible for administrations of expatriate or immigration programs. Provide input to the strategic decisions that affect the functional area of the responsibility. May give input to developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordinates with other departments.
Human Resources Managers set the tone for the entire human resources department, from employee relations, HR polices to payroll to compliance issues, the HR department helps ensure that an organization runs smoothly, and the Human Resources Manager is at the helm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with countries’ regulations.
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to the team.
- Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Partner with management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with the business initiatives.
- Assumes corporate responsibility for development of company guidelines, policies, and procedures on an internal and expatriate issue.
- Develops and assists with the implementation of human resource programs for all foreign entities with a concentration on host-country labor law and legal issues.
- May maintain involvement with new foreign entities for an extended period to develop policies, processes and procedures and handle employee relations issues.
- Responsible for implementation of international assignment agreements, hiring of local nationals and handling the expatriate tax issues.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits.
- Design and implement employee retention strategies.
- Maintain HR systems and processes.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of country-specific employment laws as warranted.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in human resources, international relations, or another business-related field.
- At least 8-10 years of global human resource experience.
- At least 3-5 years of international human resource experience.
- Certified Professional credential is preferred.
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.