Data security and privacy specialist
We are looking for a Privacy Specialist. The Privacy Specialist will review the company’s services, products, and offerings to identify privacy related issues, help execute, and improve Mercans’ global privacy program. The position will be responsible for consulting on privacy matters, development, implementation, maintenance and execution of policy and procedural documentation in support of Mercans’ Global Privacy Program. This person will also coordinate with multiple business areas including Internal Audit, GRC, Finance, Legal, HR, IT, etc. to ensure privacy requirements are effectively implemented to promote compliance objectives. The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required in HR, Engineering, Information Systems, or another related program
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Information Technology/Security, Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Privacy domains.
- Experience conducting privacy reviews, control assessments and privacy impact assessments.
- Experience in privacy and data protection laws and frameworks such as APEC Privacy Framework, US privacy laws, GDPR, PIPEDA, CAN-SPAM, ePrivacy, etc.
- Strong knowledge in privacy engineering techniques including privacy by design and default techniques.
- Privacy certification (such as CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or similar) strongly preferred
- Assist in creating and maintaining privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Conduct assessments, review results and work with stakeholders to mitigate privacy risks across the organization.
- Provide deep technical privacy guidance, analysis, and feedback to business leaders, engineers, solutions, and application architects. Help develop, implement, and manage processes, internal controls relating to privacy frameworks and offer privacy support to various departments.
- Collaborate with compliance and security professionals on projects related to compliance with global data protection and privacy laws.
- Assist in developing and administering privacy training and awareness campaigns for various groups within the company.
- Establish and manage tools and develop run books for managing and tracking compliance with Mercans’ global privacy obligations such as privacy impact assessments, technical implementation of privacy by design and default, and operational workflows.
- Coordinate internal and external audits of our privacy systems and procedures.
- Provide ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy program, including training, risk management, exception handling and process improvement.
Mercans collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. Mercans does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.